Chapter 11 bankruptcyCan a bankruptcy be removed from your credit report?
The credit bureaus have active campaigns online to make you think that it’s not possible. They pretend to be helpful, but they have ulterior motives. They don’t say it outright, but the way they word their interpretation of the FCRA makes people think that it can’t be done. The worst thing about that is that a lot of the top credit sites parrot the information which makes for a lot of misinformation online. However, as you will see below, bankruptcies absolutely can be removed from your credit report.
Removing a bankruptcy requires filing separate disputes with all three credit bureaus. Because of the way the credit bureaus work, you have to word your disputes carefully to avoid having your dispute deemed “frivolous”. While the FCRA offers protections for consumers, credit bureaus have the right to ignore anyone that they feel is abusing the law. Credit repair companies are experts at disputing negative items on your credit reports. They specialize in getting bankruptcies deleted from your credit report. They can also removed the accounts “included in bankruptcy” like charge offs and collections. Read my story below to see how I got my bankruptcy deleted.
Can credit repair help you in New York to achieve financial stability? Before signing up for any program, consumers should be sure to do their homework. Check for a business review on the company at BBB.org. Do an internet search for the company’s name along with “reviews” or “complaints” to see what people are saying about them. Consumers should also check with their state’s Attorney General or local consumer protection agencies.
In the U.S., consumers have rights and are protected by the Credit Repair Organization Act, enforced by the FTC.
Legitimate companies adhering to the Act must provide:
? A written contract detailing consumer’s rights and the services to be performed.
? A three day cancellation period with no charges.
? Details on how long it will take for consumers to get results.
? An accounting of all costs and fees.
? Any guarantees that they are making through their marketing
- Repair Credit in New York
- Repair Credit in Hempstead
- Repair Credit in Brookhaven
- Bankruptcy Removal in Islip
- Repair Credit in Oyster Bay
- Credit Repair Company in Buggalo
- Credit Repair Company in Rochester
- Repair Credit in Huntington
- Credit Repair Attorney in Yonkers
- Credit Repair Company in Syracuse
- Credit Repair Attorney in Smithtown
- Bankruptcy Removal in Albany
- Credit Repair Company in New Rochelle
- Credit Repair in Tonawanda
- Repair Credit in Schenectady
- Repair Credit in Utica
- Credit Repair Attorney in White Plains
- Bankruptcy Removal in Irondequoit
- Repair Credit in Binghamton
- Repair Credit in Valley Stream
- Credit Repair Attorney in Ithica